Logic - No Pressure Album Review

Likely to be the final ever Logic review on here, No Pressure is to be Logic's final album as Logic enters retirement from rap and has become a full-time streamer on Twitch, whatever the fuck that means.




This album starts out amazingly. I love the way on the No Pressure Intro Logic intertwines and plays off the sample he uses as the intro. As well as that his rapping is on point throughout the verse. This was a perfect way to start this record and pick up from where he left off on Under Pressure, as this album is a sequel to that. Logic had a lot to live up to, despite him feeling like the pressure was off, Under Pressure is easily Logic's best album to date and is in my opinion a modern-day classic, so creating somewhat of a sequel was always going to garner some expectations, especially with it being his final play.

Hit my line continues the strong start to the album, the hook is great, on this track, and throughout the album, Logic feels once again in his comfort zone. He's not moaning about criticism he faces or about social media or what not like he did on Confessions of a dangerous mind, but instead he's making relatively happy music. Once again, he's an MC we want to listen to and get behind. On Under Pressure he was rapping like he had something to prove, and on No Pressure he's rapping with nothing to prove, but both work brilliantly. The boy did it, and his contribution to Hip Hop is one to be proud of, and so he should be.



On GP4 he's either biting, or paying homage to the OutKast track Elevators (Me & You) with his hook on here. Which is annoying because Elevators has to be the only popular OutKast track that I actually dislike, why couldn't he have done ATLiens or something.

Not just because of the name of the track, but Celebration is definitely Kanye inspired in my opinion. So when in one of his skits it was revealed Kanye was one of his production inspirations it did not surprise me at all.
Not just instrumentally though, the moment in Celebration where he says "Logic, what you should do is rap like, uh uh, nah I'd rather not", this line could easily come from Kanye's mouth in my opinion. Logic wearing his influences on his sleeve is not something new, but fortunately on this album it came across as endearing and genuine, rather than unoriginal.

Perfect for me really is the banger that this album needed. The trap instrumental felt slightly out of place, but after 2 long tracks beforehand in Open Mic/Aquarius III and Soul Food II, it broke up the album well, as well he was snapping. He snapped on all 3 of them tracks in fairness.

DadBod has an instrumental which reminds me so much of Diddy Bop by Noname, literally every time it started I'd begin singing "I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready" like at the start of Diddy Bop.

One OutKast reference I did love was on Man I is where he samples the same horns that are on SpottieOttieDopaliscious, and I love that song, so Man I is was fun.

The speeches on Dark Place and Obediently Yours really made this album for me. They weren't preachy but instead educational and fit the vibe of the album, I didn't skip them once, fair play to Logic for including them on the album.

Just quickly want to mention how sick Logic's wordplay was throughout this album. There's too many to mention, one of them albums where you hear new stuff each time. My favourite bar was really subtle but it was too smooth and too cold not to mention. It goes, "Can't wait untill my son shine and together we reign, my Queen's by my side like Manhattan". That was from Open Mic/Aquarius III, the best wordplay is definitely on that track, also the beat on the second half of the song is unreal.



The hook on Heard 'Em Say was really sunny and buttery, but because of the lack of hooks on the album it was welcomed. It was nice to hear him reminiscing on his career, where he was and where he is now, this is a retirement album after all - "Used to dream I'd be the fuckin' man I am".

Top production, some of the best I've heard Logic spit on, bars were fire throughout, his storytelling was good and I just liked his attitude on each song too. It was a great way to end his career. He definitely ended it on a good note, on his own terms, what more can you ask for?

Star Track - Perfect
8.5/10

I definitely appreciate the music Logic has left us. And whether it is really the end or not, thank you. 

Comments